What’s the whole appeal of self-employment?
- You get to be your own boss and work in accordance to your own schedule.
- You’re able to claim business expenses which employees cannot.
- Your income will grow much faster and in proportion to the value you create for your clients. There are no pay grades or thresholds, you’ll get paid for the value and results you achieve for your clients.
- Self-employment provides you with the flexibility to accommodate other life commitments such as spending time with family, attending important events and the freedom to travel whenever and wherever you wish to do so.
- You get to decide who you work with. This helps to build truly authentic relationships with your clients and fellow work colleagues.
- Self-employment encourages on-going self-development and learning – as you’ll be attending classes, events and interacting with clients on a regular basis. This commitment to self-development will help keep clients coming your way.
- Ultimately, self-employment allows you work on whatever you find passionate and fulfilling. You’ll learn what it takes to run a business on your own terms; a process that never ends as there is always new ways of doing business.
Sources of information: